Hey guys, a few of you might have gotten a message from Google Chrome Web browser saying that prepsera.com is not secure. So, what does this mean for you?
- The reason why this happens is because Google Chrome wants to enforce the use of https instead of http on the web. However, doing so demands payments for a SSL certificate.
- Being as it may be, I do not earn any money from Prepsera. In fact, I might even be losing money over prepsera.com just for the base hosting and domain
- As such, I would like to re-iterate that the website as such is secure and there are not malicious links or anything on it. The only thing is that I do not have funds to purchase a SSL certificate.
- In order to improve your experience, I shall be porting prepsera.com over to a free wordpress domain (prepsera.wordpress.com) by the end of this year where it will stay hosted forever as an archive for you guys to use.
- If anyone wants to keep Prepsera alive with new articles and stuff, you are welcome to give me your details (E-Mail ID) and I shall add you as a contributor to the blog.
That’ll be all for now. Also, here’s a shout out to a student who I and Mohit Ryan have been mentoring : She is Ritika and has managed to clear JEE with a rank of 163 and is not studying at IIT Bombay in CS department.