An engineering or science bachelors degree is no small feat. In fact, it is a huge accomplishment comprising a lot of learning, and a complete overhaul of the way our mind words and learns. As such, there’s a lot of stuff that is expected out of an engineer or a scientist… and there are a lot of tools we must learn to use, and use well. This guide is primarily meant for Tier 2 and 3 college students of the country as they don’t have the exposure that the old IITs or IISc have and as such, the students don’t know what to do. Such skills, as I shall point out here, are essential. Do learn all of this….
It’s the second week of February already which means that the Board examinations are almost due. As such, it is a common sight to see students frantically going over their class notes, stopping all forms of recreation, practicing hundreds of sample papers and altogether just cutting out their social lives. Relax, people… It’s not needed. You can score just as well by planning in a cool and composed manner… Want to know how? Keep reading. Also, please do share this with your peers who are giving the boards this year or shall be doing so in the subsequent years…
Hey all people.. I do have a collection of scans of my own class notes from my 2 years of preparation… The notes span Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry coupled with Physics and Maths. These scans cover around 90% of the entire syllabus, including chapters not found elsewhere.. like GoC and Isomerism. So, would you guys want me to put them up for you to use?
A lot of you must have heard of Linkin Park, the famous rock band which brought us new genres of music like Nu-Metal and Electric-Rock. While so many of their fans keep swooning about the amazing vocal quality of Chester Bennington (their lead vocalist) or the superb flow of Mike Shinoda (another vocalist, mainly doing raps and slower songs), a lot of people just seem to miss the point of Linkin Park. Just listen to their songs and try to feel the instrumental flow in the background. Feel the emotions conveyed by the music. While you’re at it, take a look at the lyrics. Try to feel what the lyrics mean and what they imply. Put yourself into the position of the singer… into the position of the person who is feeling all that is mentioned in the lyrics. Keep doing it for some time, and you shall be able to understand Linkin Park much better.
By now, Prepsera is a pretty mature blog in terms of quantity of content as well as quality of content uploaded. All that is left to achieve is mass appeal… and for that I would need all of you guys to help me out…
I would be really grateful if you could help me in any way possible. Help would include…
- Sharing the Prepsera Facebook/Twitter/Google+ pages and getting everyone you know to sign up as subscribers. Btw, just following the Facebook page of Prepsera automatically makes you a subscriber.
- If you are on Quora and write related content, I would love to collaborate with you, including publicising your articles/blog. It would be great if you could let some good articles of yours be published on Prepsera. Includes free publicity of your profile/blog and an endorsement from me if ever you need it.
- If you feel that Prepsera (or anyone affiliated to Prepsera) has helped you out in a part of your career, I would love if you could reach out to me at email@example.com and help me grow by means of social platforms. If I love your work, you can get the chance to manage Prepsera’s entire Facebook page as well. Same goes for our Twitter handle.
- Got ideas related to making YouTube videos or want some publicity of your channel in it’s infancy? You are invited to contact me anytime and Prepsera shall officially endorse your videos/channel (no matter what the content type, as long as it is sensible) in return for your endorsement/support to Prepsera.
- In addition, I am pleased to tell you that I shall be expanding Prepsera from a mere “Competitive ExamGuide” to a more comprehensive life blog/diary. I shall be writing a whole lot more personal articles, including what IIT life has been for me, what all life entails, stuff that others don’t talk about, what is going on in tech and my take on it, why the world is working the way it is, where is everything headed, and so on. There’s a ton of things to talk about. So, if you were hesitating recommending Prepsera to your elder sibling/parent/friend because they don’t need exam guidance, don’t worry. I shall be expanding the content type of the blog itself. Make sure to get everyone on board 🙂
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Sorry for being so inactive but a lot of things have happened recently… a lot of work and some tragic events in the family. Anyway, here are my views on what is needed for the interviews of KVPY –
Another amazing one by Harish…. With some edits from my side as well. Normal font is Harish’s part while my edits are in Italics.
Before starting FIITJEE GMP, keep in mind that it has questions which are generally 50% tougher than the normal JEE-Advanced questions on an average.
Will be publishing a post regarding my tips for the interviews of KVPY this year. If you have any specific queries, let me know here so that I can bring out a more comprehensive guide for you guys
Hello folks. The topic of this article viz attempting the paper is basically what counts. Believe me, I have seen cases wherein people seem to know every damn concept but they just blow it up when its all needed.(I have done that too so I know the inner frustration when this happens..) Continue reading Attempting The Paper
The JEE body has released the official schedule with all the important dates – the exams, seat allotment, etc for JEE-2017. Have a look and save this in your calendars. Continue reading JEE 2017 : All the important dates you need to know
So, as the title speaks, as far as I think, JEE is more of a game of perseverance wherein your biggest challenge is your patience and not your raw talent and knowledge. However, I don’t have any intentions of offending all those who are currently preparing for JEE or have cracked it. Continue reading JEE – A Game of Perseverance (By Rahul Agrawal, JEE-2016 AIR 485)
Inorganic Chemistry almost contributes one-third of JEE Advanced Chemistry paper. So, this might seem a bit exaggerated but this is the reality.But, there is one thing which is pretty outspoken about this segment. This is literally hated by most of the students. Infact, in course of my IIT JEE preparation at Kota, I rarely found a guy who cherished Inorganic Chemistry. Whatever be the case, one simply can’t neglect Inorganic Chemistry if one wants a good rank in JEE Advanced.
I am in IIT-Bombay and I believe that I can answer this questions quite accurately and to the point. While it is a known fact that most faculties at IIT do not teach well, I believe these points come into play. Continue reading Teachers at IIT… And where they fail miserably
I was a regular school goer all my 11th and the first two months of my 12th. I was not attending any coaching. I had a enrolled in a test series (FIITJEE I think) and got volumes of material which I would occasionally flip through. A decent performance at school level academics kept me oblivious to the time I was losing. Fast forward 10 months and I was battling it out against all the engineering aspirants of the country in a gruelling 6 hour JEE Advanced test that changed my life. I want to convey through this piece of writing that it is possible to get a decent JEE rank in a short time provided that one is ready to accept the challenge and dedicate his time and efforts. Continue reading How to clear JEE in a short time, viz 3-4 months
In case you were wondering, bad marks do not mean anything significant, other than the fact that you did not fit into the standardized grading scheme of the examining body. By the way, this fact includes your college grades too. But then, grades are just a quantitative measure of your belief in the system and not a measure of your abilities or talent. Continue reading Do bad marks actually mean anything?